Utau Tutorial 7/14/2009
Welcome to Krissy's Utau tutorial! By the time it get finished, the English version might be out. So read while you can!
1) The first thing you do is download Utau, you can do this here utau2008.xrea.jp/index.html.
Click the very first link under 'Download' and install it. Don't worry, there are no spyware or viruses.
2) Once you loaded it and checked out the program, you'll see that it is not in english but there are letters. (S)Save (F)File (E)Edit? (V)View?(P) (P) (T)Tools? (H)Help. You'll have to play around to find what each button does.
3)If you've read about Utau, you know that you can make your own Utauloid.
A)Find a higrana/romaji alphabet website.The command prompt only reads roman letters. www.tokyowithkids.com/fyi/hira…
B)open up the utau file. Go to 'Computer'; 'local disk C'; 'Program Files'; 'Utau';'Voice'. Create a name for your Utauloid. That is the title of the file.
C)Record yourself saying each higrana character. Save each file as a .wav and type the romaji that corresponds to the sound.Make sure you saved the files in your Utauloid's folder.
4) Open Utau again. Click the second 'T' and then click 'O'. You will get a pop-up. Click the second tab. You'll see a big empty box and two empty bars, one under the other. Click the button next to the bottom bar. Find your file with your recorded voices and click any one of them. Now press the very first button on next to the bar above the bottom one to add it to the box.
5)If you press 'P' and then press 'R' from it's drop down menu, another little pop-up comes up. Find and press the little black arrow and your Utauloid's name should be there.Press 'OK' to close. If the name is not there, repeat steps 3 and 4.
6) Type in a letter like 'a' in the lyrics box. Use the pencil tool to ''write it in".
7)Find the highest and lowest limits of your Utauloid.
8) Go online and look for .ust's. UST's are song file that Utau uses for you to put in words. Go here utaulibrary.blogspot.com/ to download some .ust's.
While you are recording,you have to cut out the parts of silence. Ex: If you pause and then say the voice sample and put it into UTAU, the program will read the first few seconds of that silence that was not cut out.
THANK YOU FOR READING!